Jiaxing's Hidden Gem: Unbeatable GreenTree Inn Deals!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the GreenTree Inn circus in Jiaxing – and it's gonna be a wild ride. Forget perfectly polished reviews, this is the raw, unfiltered truth, straight from someone who just spent a week wrestling with the vagaries of Chinese hotel life. And guess what? It wasn't all bad. In fact, some of it was surprisingly…decent.
Jiaxing's Hidden Gem: Unbeatable GreenTree Inn Deals! (A Messy, Honest, and Possibly Hilarious Review)
Let's be real, "hidden gem" might be a little grandiose for a GreenTree Inn. But hey, in Jiaxing, finding anything remotely "gem-like" is a win. The key is those "Unbeatable GreenTree Inn Deals!" – those whispers of discounts and promises that lured me in like a moth to a budget-friendly flame. Was it worth it? Let's find out, shall we?
Accessibility: A Mixed Bag, My Friends
- Wheelchair Accessible: Honestly? I didn't scope this out thoroughly. But the elevators were there, which is a HUGE plus in China. However, I suspect the true accessibility level might be… variable. Proceed with caution and maybe call ahead.
- Elevator: Phew, YES! Because, you know, lugging suitcases up six flights of stairs after a day of battling traffic is not on my fun list.
- Facilities for disabled guests: See above!
On-Site Munchies and Booze (and My Stomach's Adventure)
This is where things get interesting. Prepare yourself.
- Restaurants: Okay, so "restaurants" is plural, but let's be real. It was one restaurant, looking a little worse for wear, and a little more… Chinese.
- Asian Cuisine in Restaurant: Yep, it's China. Guess what's on the menu? (Spoiler: rice.) The dumplings were edible, sometimes good, sometimes… well, sometimes my stomach grumbled rebelliously.
- Western Cuisine in Restaurant: Avoid. Just… avoid. I tried the "pasta." Let's just say it bore a passing resemblance to something that might have been Italian food.
- Bar: There was a bar. I’m not sure who was running this bar, but I'm pretty sure they weren't trained.
- Happy hour: Now, this is where I got excited. It was, as near as I could tell, random and unstructured. If you saw a few people hovering around the bar, it was probably happy hour. The drink selection was basic but cheap. And hey, cheap is my middle name!
- Coffee/tea in restaurant: Okay, the coffee situation was… dire. The tea was decent (and free).
- Coffee shop: No, no coffee shop. Just the aforementioned questionable coffee machines in the breakfast area if you're lucky.
Things To Do (and Avoiding Boredom)
Jiaxing isn't exactly a hotbed of nightlife. So, you make your own fun.
- Fitness center: Found it! It did exist! But I swear, I saw that same treadmill for four days straight. And it was…dusty. But hey, at least it worked.
- Gym/fitness: See above.
- Pool with view, Swimming pool (outdoor): Sadly, no pool. I’m pretty sure I looked everywhere!
Cleanliness and Safety: Survival Mode (Mostly)
Let's get real. China and Western notions of cleanliness don't always align. I’m a bit of a germaphobe, so this area was HIGHLY critical.
- Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hygiene certification, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment: Okay, I think they did a decent job, but I couldn't be sure.
- Hand sanitizer: Everywhere, thankfully!
- First aid kit, Doctor/nurse on call: Didn't need them.
- Fire extinguisher, Smoke alarms: Yay!
- CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Security [24-hour]: Peace of mind, I guess.
- Safe dining setup: Sort of. I saw gloves and masks, which was… reassuring.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (My Digestive System's Personal Hell)
- Asian breakfast: Okay, the breakfast… Well, it was there. There was rice porridge (which I actually grew to like), some mystery meats and vegetables (iffy), and occasionally, cold, sad eggs.
- Breakfast [buffet]: Buffet, sure. But don't expect a gourmet experience. Think quantity over quality.
- Room service [24-hour]: I did not try this, I heard about the food quality, so that's a pass from me.
- Snack bar: Okay, the vending machines were a lifesaver.
- Bottle of water: Provided. Thank god.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things
- Air conditioning in public area: Yes, thank goodness.
- Cash withdrawal: Yes.
- Concierge: Uh, a friendly face behind the desk?
- Daily housekeeping: Generally competent. They made the bed and replaced the towels.
- Elevator: Again, a lifesaver!
- Luggage storage: Yes, for all those weird souvenirs.
- Wi-Fi for special events: I didn't use it, but it was there, I think.
- Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site]: Free parking!
- Daily housekeeping: Yes!
For the Kids (I Didn't Have Any, But I Watched)
- Babysitting service: Didn't see it, but then again, I wasn't looking.
- Family/child friendly: Seems to be?
- Kids meal: God only knows.
Access: Getting Around (and Finding the Damn Entrance)
- Check-in/out [express]: I wished I could have.
- Front desk [24-hour]: Yes. A necessity.
- Getting around, Airport transfer, Taxi service: Okay, taxis exist. Negotiating them is another story.
Available in all rooms: My Cozy Prison
- Air conditioning: HELL YES.
- Alarm clock: Yup. Loud.
- Bathtub: Yes, but I used the shower instead.
- Blackout curtains: Needed these.
- Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea: Yes, and even a kettle!
- Desk: A table.
- Extra long bed: Nope. Standard, which was fine.
- Free bottled water: Crucial.
- Hair dryer: Yay!
- Internet access – wireless, Wi-Fi [free]: It worked! Most of the time.
- Mirror: Yup.
- Non-smoking: Yes!
- Private bathroom: Of course.
- Reading light: There was one.
- Refrigerator: Small, but useful.
- Satellite/cable channels: The usual fare, with a few English channels, if you're lucky.
- Shower: Good water pressure.
- Slippers: The best thing about these types of hotels.
- Soundproofing: Nope.
- Telephone: Yes.
- Toiletries: Basic. Bring your own.
- Wake-up service: Hit or miss. Set your own alarm.
- Window that opens: YES! Fresh air is a luxury.
The Verdict (and My Emotional Rollercoaster)
Look, the GreenTree Inn isn't the Ritz. It's not even a particularly fancy hotel. But for the price? And given the options in Jiaxing? It was… acceptable. Sometimes… even good.
The Unbeatable Deal?
I suspect the "Unbeatable GreenTree Inn Deals!" are the key. You're paying for a bed, AC, and a vaguely edible breakfast. Lower your expectations, embrace the chaos, and pack your own snacks. And hey, if you're lucky, you might find a hidden gem of your own.
My Quirky Observations and Emotional Reactions:
- Day 2: Realized I’d seen the same lady scrubbing the floors for the last 12 hours. Concern levels increased.
- Day 3: The shower head fell off. I fixed it. I am now a certified GreenTree Inn Maintenance Specialist.
- Day 5: Finally mastered the art of ordering a decent coffee from the vending machine. Victory!
- Day 6: Had such a bad Chinese lesson, that I needed a pick-me-up drink.
- Day 7: Leaving. Goodbye, Jiaxing. Goodbye, GreenTree Inn. I’m not sure if I
Alright, buckle up, buttercups! This isn't your meticulously planned, brochure-perfect itinerary. This is… my attempt to survive a few days in Jiaxing, China, at that goddamn GreenTree Inn Express. Pray for me.
Day 1: Arrival & The Questionable Embrace of GreenTea (or Not)
Morning (Screaming Inside Edition): Landed in Shanghai. Airport chaos. Smushed like a sardine into a tiny taxi that smelled faintly of… well, I don't even want to know. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, we made it to that train station. All communication was visual (pointing, frantic hand gestures, and the universal language of "lost puppy"). Eventually, found the train to Tongxiang. Let me just say, train travel in China is a whole different ball game. The noise! The smells! The communal snacks being offered and declined in rapid succession. It's an experience, alright.
Afternoon (GreenTree Inn Revelation): Arrived in Tongxiang and found the GreenTree Inn Express. The pictures online? Lies. Glorified lies. It’s… functional. Let’s call it that. The lobby smells vaguely of disinfectant and despair. My room? Well, it exists. The air conditioning is a sad, wheezing beast. And the best part is that I'm pretty sure I saw a cockroach scuttling under the door earlier. I’m already questioning my life choices. And the green tea they offer at the reception desk? I'm too scared to try it.
Evening (Food Adventures that May or May Not be Adventuresome): Ventured out in search of sustenance. Found a small noodle place. My Mandarin is… nonexistent. Pointing worked out the way I hoped, but I still ended up with a bowl of something that looked vaguely like chicken feet. I'm pretty sure I accidentally ate a whole chicken’s foot. It had a weird cartilaginous texture. My stomach is now doing a dance off between gratitude and regret.
Late Night (Hotel Room Drama): Attempted to watch some TV. The options are bizarre. Channel surfing is like falling down a rabbit hole of Mandarin soap operas and poorly dubbed action movies. Fell asleep to the sound of a distant karaoke session.
Day 2: The Silk Road… And The Unlikely Charm of It All?
Morning (Silk Factory Frenzy): Today, an excursion to the Silk Factory. I have to admit, it was surprisingly captivating. Watching the silk worms and the silk threads, and the whole process. The silk clothing, however, was something else. I managed to get myself into a silk scarf because I was convinced this was a safe bet.
Afternoon (The Street Food gauntlet): Armed with Google Translate and a healthy dose of trepidation, I hit the streets for some street food. This could go horribly wrong. The first stall? Crispy fried something-or-other that was probably coated in MSG. Delicious. No regrets! But then came the questionable meat on a stick. I closed my eyes and plunged in. It probably was meat. I survived.
Evening (Stomach's Still Alive): Dinner in the hotel. I ended up ordering a packet of instant noodles from a little shop. I'm starting to think I'll live through this trip.
Day 3: The Water Town & The Lingering Smell of Dish Detergent.
Morning (Water Town Wonders?): Today, the famous water town. It's supposedly like Venice, but less annoying and cheaper. The boats are charming, the buildings are pretty old. It was a bit like wandering around a movie set. The tourists, though. Ugh. So many selfie sticks!
Afternoon (The Food Fight Continues): Had lunch at a little restaurant in the water town. And the food? Amazing! The best meal I've had, maybe ever. I'm not even going to go into it. I am thinking about sneaking back tonight, even though I know I shouldnt.
Evening (The GreenTree Inn's Revenge): Back at the GreenTree Inn. The air conditioning is still wheezing like an asthmatic dinosaur. The cockroach? I suspect he's now my roommate.
Day 4: Departure & Existential Dread
- Morning (Breakfast of Champions…or Not): Attempted the breakfast. It was a selection of congealed rice porridge, pickled vegetables, and something brown and unidentifiable. I went with the "unidentifiable" option. And I'm pretty sure I saw the cockroach sneak over to eat my leftover.
- Afternoon (Farewell Tongxiang): The train back to Shanghai. The journey back was uneventful. It was the moment I understood that I managed to make it through.
- Evening (Homeward Bound Anxiety): The flight home. It's all over. I close my eyes and swear I can still smell the GreenTree Inn. Now, to buy a plane ticket.
Quirks, Rambles & Reflections (Because Let's Be Real)
- The Language Barrier: Communicating in China is a wild ride. I constantly felt like a mime trying to order food, ask for directions, or even just say "thank you."
- The Food, Part Deux: Despite the initial fear, the food was a highlight. The cheap noodle places, the questionable street vendors, the restaurants… they all had a certain energy. A terrifying energy.
- GreenTree Inn: A Love Story (Maybe Not): I'll never forget the GreenTree Inn. For all its flaws, it's become a character in this story. A slightly creepy, cockroach-infested character.
- Overall? It was… an experience. A messy, chaotic, sometimes terrifying, often delicious experience. Would I go back? Probably. Would I stay at the GreenTree Inn again? Pray for me.
So, there you have it. Hopefully, you enjoyed this slightly unhinged travel diary. Remember, this is just a glimpse of an adventure. The truth is, travel is messy, surprising, and sometimes, a little bit terrifying. But isn't that what makes it worth it? Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go bleach my luggage. Goodbye, China, for now… I'm not sure if I'll ever say goodbye.
Appart'City Bourg-En-Bresse: Your Dream French Getaway Awaits!Jiaxing's GreenTree Inn Secret: Unbeatable Deals – & My Crazy Hotel Adventures!
Okay, spill! What *actually* makes these GreenTree Inn deals in Jiaxing so "unbeatable"? Is it just marketing fluff?
Alright, alright, I hear you! "Unbeatable" is a strong word, right? Look, it's not like they're giving away *everything* for free, but let me tell you, I've stayed in a LOT of Jiaxing hotels. Like, more than I care to admit. And the GreenTree Inn? Often, it's ridiculously cheap. Like, the kind of cheap that makes you suspiciously glance around for hidden cameras (kidding... mostly). We're talking budget-friendly, like, you can actually afford to order that extra plate of delicious Jiaxing Zongzi (sticky rice dumplings) without feeling the pinch. Seriously, I’ve gotten rooms for less than the price of a decent meal. That's a win in my book. Plus, sometimes they throw in breakfast! (More on that later... it's a mixed bag.)
Are these super cheap deals *always* available? Or is there a secret GreenTree Inn deal guru I need to follow?
Ha! If there *was* a guru, I'd be their disciple, probably already living in a GreenTree Inn, permanently. No, the deals fluctuate. Weekends, holidays? Forget it, the prices probably jump. But during the week, especially if you're flexible with your dates, you can often snag a bargain. The best advice I can give is: **check, check, and check again.** Scour the usual booking sites (Trip.com, Ctrip, etc.), and also, and this is KEY, hit up the GreenTree Inn's *official website* (if you can navigate it, it can sometimes be tricky!). I’ve found some real gems there. Oh, and don’t be afraid to call the hotel directly. Sometimes the front desk folks have secret deals they're willing to share. I did that once, and they gave me a room upgrade! (It was… not *much* of an upgrade, but hey, free bottled water!).
What's the catch? There *has* to be one, right? Is it haunted? Do they put you in the broom closet?
Okay, okay, let's get real. There are *definitely* catches. First, the rooms... they're... functional. Let's go with that. Don't expect the Ritz. Think compact, clean-ish, and maybe a little… *lived-in*. But in my experience, never haunted (thank goodness!). And no broom closets... unless you count the storage space under the bed, which might *feel* like a broom closet after a long day of exploring Jiaxing. The bed linen quality varies massively. One time it almost paper thin, but the next it's almost plush. You get what you pay for, mostly. But look, I've slept in worse. MUCH worse. And for the price, I'm generally happy. The biggest "catch" is the overall experience... it's not luxury, it's not fancy, it's a perfectly serviceable place to crash.
Let's talk about that breakfast... I heard whispers. What *is* it *really* like at the GreenTree Inn?
Ah, yes. The breakfast. It's... an experience. Let's just say it. *It is an experience.* The quality varies wildly depending on the specific GreenTree Inn. Some are surprisingly decent. We're talking steamed buns (baozi), maybe some congee (rice porridge), some sad-looking fruit. Others? Well... I once walked into a breakfast buffet, and there was a... a plate of what *might* have been scrambled eggs. (Let's just say I'm still not entirely sure.) There was also a mysterious, gelatinous substance in a container, and I decided to skip that one. My advice? Go in with very low expectations. Consider bringing your own snacks. At the very least, pack some instant coffee. You'll thank me later. Think of it as an adventure. Sometimes a highly questionable adventure. But hey, you get to eat! And potentially, meet some interesting people, all united by the shared experience of cheap accommodation and questionable breakfast choices.
Okay, so you've stayed in a *lot* of these hotels. Give me a specific, memorable moment! Something that sums up the GreenTree Inn experience.
Right, buckle up, because this is a good one. I was staying at a GreenTree Inn on a particularly rainy day in Jiaxing. The kind of rain that makes you want to stay inside and eat all the snacks you brought. (Which, by the way, is excellent advice). I needed to work, and the WiFi signal in my room was... well, let's just say it was playing hard-to-get. I wandered into the hotel lobby, which, let's be honest, isn’t exactly the height of interior design. It was a bit… functional. There was a very bright, fluorescent light humming overhead. The air seemed to be perpetually filled with the scent of instant coffee and something vaguely… floral. Anyway, there was an older gentleman sitting in a corner, engrossed in his phone. I, sheepishly, asked if the WiFi was better nearby. He looked up, and his face *lit up*. He didn’t speak any English. I don't speak any Chinese. But he gestured. He grabbed his phone, typed something into Google Translate, and showed me the result: "My son teaches me the internet, I now expert!" He beckoned me over. We spent the next hour, the rain still pouring outside, attempting to connect to the WiFi. He kept offering me tea (thankfully, not the breakfast tea). We made random gestures, and I think I actually learned *some* basic Mandarin phrases. He was so proud of his phone! He kept showing me pictures of his grandchildren. In the end, the WiFi wasn’t great, but I had this incredibly sweet interaction with a stranger, all because of a dodgy internet connection. I’ll always remember that moment. That’s the GreenTree Inn experience. It's not always perfect, but sometimes, unexpectedly, it’s absolutely wonderful. Sometimes, there is real human connection. It's about the experiences - the good, the bad, and the truly bizarre – that bring you closer to the place.
Any tips for making the most of a GreenTree Inn stay in Jiaxing?
Absolutely! First, download a translation app. Google Translate is your friend. Learn some basic Mandarin phrases ("xie xie" – thank you, is a must!). Secondly, bring your own toiletries. (Seriously, the tiny hotel soaps can be… questionable.) Pack a universal adapter if you're coming from abroad. Bring snacks. (Again: snacks are life). Embrace the chaos! View the quirks as part of the charm. Don't be afraid to explore the area around your GreenTree Inn – you might discover a hidden gem of your own! Most importantly: lower your expectations. You’re not paying for luxury. You’re paying for a place to sleep, and maybe, just maybe, a memorable story. And in Jiaxing, with a bit of luck, that’s more than enough. Oh! And double-check the address *before* you arrive. I once ended up at the *wrong* GreenTree Inn. (Don’t ask.)
Ocean View Inn