Colonna Hotel Du Golf: Italy's Hidden Gem? You HAVE to See This!
Colonna Hotel Du Golf: Italy's Hidden Gem? You HAVE to See This! (and I Kinda, Sorta, Definitely Did) - A Messy, Honest Review
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from Colonna Hotel Du Golf in Sardinia, Italy, and I'm still trying to piece it all together. The marketing says "Hidden Gem"… and honestly? They're not wrong. But "Hidden Gem" doesn't quite capture the whole experience, does it? Let's get real messy with it.
Accessibility & Security (The Boring Bits… But Actually Super Important):
First off, let's knock out the logistical bits. Accessibility - they do have facilities for disabled guests, and an elevator (thank the heavens). It's not perfectly streamlined, but it's a decent starting point. Security is a big deal these days. They've got your back: 24-hour front desk, security, CCTV everywhere (inside and out), and even fire extinguishers and smoke alarms. Feels safe, which is a huge win for peace of mind when you're trying to chill.
COVID-19 Protocols: Feeling Safe-ish?
Right, let’s address the pandemic elephant in the room. They’re trying. They've done the whole hygiene certification thing. Staff is trained, and they use anti-viral cleaning products. They offer physical distancing, and food is individually wrapped. The kitchen? Sanitized. Tableware? The same. They were seriously on top of hand sanitizer, and that’s always a good thing. The problem? It's sometimes felt like too much… a bit… forced. Like they were constantly checking invisible boxes. But hey, better safe than sorry, yeah? They even offer room sanitization opt-out. Which, let's be honest, it's good they give you that choice.
Cleanliness and Safety: The Verdict
Overall? They're trying their best. My room was spotless. The common areas felt clean, which is half the battle, right? The staff seemed genuinely concerned about hygiene. My personal experience was that it was good, but not perfect. Sometimes, you could feel the tension of the protocols, but it's understandable given the circumstances.
Internet Is… Present. Not Perfect, But Present.
This is where things get a little wobbly. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Yes! Internet access - LAN? Also yes! But the signal? Well, let's just say I had a few moments of existential dread waiting for a page to load. In the public areas, it's better, but don't expect to live-stream your Sardinian adventure without hiccups. They need to get their act together here.
Dining, Drinking & Snacking: Food, Food, Food! (My Favorite Part!)
Oh, the food. Okay, let's get real. Restaurants? Plural! Including a vegetarian restaurant. A la carte? Check. Buffet? Check (and it’s not a bad buffet, either!). Breakfast buffet? Yes! Which is great for a hungry person like me, even if that buffet sometimes looks a little over-staffed. They do Asian breakfast, and Asian cuisine in restaurant. Western breakfast and also Western cuisine in restaurant.
The restaurants: Okay, I tried the international cuisine… and the Sardinian fare was… well, let's just say the desserts were definitely a highlight. I have a sweet tooth. The salad? Fresh! The soup? Hearty! There's a poolside bar, of course. Room service, 24-hour? Yep. Coffee shop? You betcha. And the happy hour? Let's just say I spent a lot of time there (because, you know, research). They even have bottle of water available. And they had a snack bar.
MY FOOD ANECDOTE: The Sardinian Mystery Meat
Okay, full disclosure: I'm not always the most adventurous eater. One night, I ordered something at the restaurant, a local Sardinian specialty, and I think it involved some sort of… meat-related mystery. It looked… rustic. I took a bite. I paused. I looked around, hoping someone would acknowledge what I was experiencing. The waiter, bless his heart, just gave me a knowing smile. It was… an experience. Let's leave it at that. But it was a part of the charm!
Ways to Relax (The Good Stuff!)
Here's where Colonna shines. They understand relaxation. Big time. There's a spa, a sauna, and a steamroom. Massage? Absolutely! I had the best massage of my life. Seriously. I'm not exaggerating. They have a pool with a view – heavenly! Swimming pool [outdoor]? Yes! And the fitness center? Surprisingly well-equipped. I even did a session in the gym/fitness, which is totally what I wanted to do. Body scrub? Body wrap? Yep, to both. And you definitely need a foot bath after all the exploring.
The Pool with a View (My Emotional Breakdown)
Okay, I need to talk about the pool. Specifically, the pool with a view. I spent a whole afternoon there. It was THAT amazing. Looking out over the turquoise water, the mountains in the distance… It was breathtaking. I literally teared up at one point. It was pure, unadulterated bliss. It’s one of those moments that you'll never forget. That’s why you travel, right? To feel that?
For the Kids (Family Friendly?):
They're definitely family/child friendly. They have kids facilities and even babysitting service. It’s a nice touch, and a good option if you want to relax.
Services & Conveniences (The Details That Matter):
They have daily housekeeping, which is essential. They also have an elevator. Cash withdrawal? Check. Currency exchange? Check. Concierge? Helpful! Doorman? Yes. Dry cleaning? Thank God. Ironing service? Another lifesaver. Luggage storage? Yep. Car park [free of charge]? Yup - what more could you want? They even throw in a convenience store. They also have facilities for disabled guests, which is a huge plus.
Things to do (Beyond the Pool):
Okay, so besides the pool and the spa, what else? They have on-site event hosting and meetings/banquet facilities. But the real draw is the location. Sardinia itself is incredible. There are beaches, hidden coves, and ancient ruins. The hotel provides a good base for exploring.
The Rooms: Comfortable, with a Few Quirks
The rooms are non-smoking, of course. They have air conditioning, of course. Bathrobes? Yes! Bathtub? Yes! The blackout curtains were a lifesaver (hello, late mornings!). Coffee/tea maker? Check. In-room safe box? Yes! Mini bar? Yessss! And the view? From my room, it was gorgeous.
My Room Anecdote: The Mysterious Fan
There was a fan in my room… let me be honest, I don't remember turning it on, and I don’t remember it ever being off… and it made a noise that was somewhere between a gentle hum and a dying spaceship. I didn't complain. I just… accepted it. Like a friend.
Getting Around:
Airport transfer? Yes! Car park [on-site]? Yes! Taxi service? Available. Valet parking? Yes. They make it easy, no matter what.
The Overall Vibe: Quirky, Charming, and Slightly Imperfect
Here's the thing. Colonna Hotel Du Golf isn't perfect. It's got its quirks. The internet is annoying sometimes. The Sardinian mystery meat was… an experience. But that's what makes it real. That's what makes it memorable. It's charming, it's stylish, and it's utterly, undeniably Italian.
Colonna Hotel Du Golf: The Offer You CAN'T Refuse (Maybe?)
Tired of Generic Vacations? Crave Real Italian Charm? Escape to Colonna Hotel Du Golf!
Here's the deal:
- Breathtaking Relaxation: Dive into pure bliss with our pools (one with an unforgettable view!), spa, sauna, and rejuvenating massages.
- Culinary Adventures: From mouthwatering Sardinian specialties (and yes, even some mystery meat adventures!) to international cuisine, our restaurants will tantalize your taste buds.
- Unforgettable Location: Explore the stunning Sardinian coastline, hidden coves, and vibrant culture, all from our perfectly positioned hotel.
- Safety & Peace of Mind: We're committed to your well-being with strict hygiene protocols, ensuring a safe and comfortable stay.
**But Wait,
Escape to Royalty: The UK's Most Stunning Castle Hotel Awaits!Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your average, perfectly curated travel itinerary. This is… my itinerary. And it’s gonna be a glorious, slightly chaotic, unfiltered glimpse into my time at that ridiculously fancy Colonna Hotel Du Golf in Sardinia, Italy. Prepare for whiplash.
Day 1: Arrival and Existential Dread (aka, "Why am I here? And can I order a pizza… now?")
- 3:00 PM: Arrive at Olbia Airport. Plane ride? Stressful. My carry-on, bless its cotton socks, almost didn't fit in the overhead bin. The woman behind me kept… sighing. Like, deep, exasperated sighs that made me feel personally responsible for the delayed flight. I'm sure she was planning a more sophisticated trip than this anyway.
- 3:30 PM: Taxi to the hotel. The driver zoomed, which was fun until I realized every turn was a potential cliffside plunge. The views… breathtaking. Like, breathtakingly expensive-looking real estate. This hotel better deliver on its promises, because my bank account is already whimpering in a corner.
- 4:30 PM: Check-in. The staff? Impeccable. Annoyingly so. Like, they smile so perfectly it's almost… unnerving? I swear, the bellhop knew the exact angle to hold my (slightly crumpled) travel documents. They probably train for this.
- 5:00 PM: My room… chef's kiss. Balcony overlooking the turquoise water. But… am I worthy? Am I fancy enough for this view? Should I have ironed my t-shirt? Existential crisis initiated.
- 5:30 PM: Ordered a bottle of Prosecco and a pizza. (Priorities, people.) The pizza arrived. It was… divine. Suddenly, feelings of inadequacy subsided. Pizza: the great equalizer.
- 6:00 - 8:00 PM: Failed attempt to unpack. Got distracted by the view. Then, the Prosecco hit. Started judging the artwork in the room. Concluded it was… fine. I could do better, but then again, I'm wearing the same shirt I slept in on the plane.
- 9:00 PM: Dinner at the hotel restaurant. Felt underdressed. Ordered the pasta. Overate. Regretted it immediately. Whispered a prayer to the porcelain god.
Day 2: Beaches, Babysitting, and Near-Disaster
- 8:00 AM: Woke up and actually saw the sunrise. Gorgeous. For a second, I almost understood the hype.
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. The buffet was… overwhelming. So many options! I ate everything. Then doubled back for more. And more coffee. Maybe I should've skipped the pizza last night.
- 10:00 AM: Hit the beach. The water? Crystal clear. The sand? Powdery soft. The other people? Impossibly tan and toned. Immediately felt self-conscious about my pale, slightly-sunburned, rapidly-expanding-around-the-middle physique.
- 11:00 AM: Found a shady spot and attempted to read. Got distracted by the sound of the waves. Then by a toddler's relentless screams. Apparently, I was seated next to a family. A loud family. (Where's my noise-canceling headphones?!)
- 12:00 PM: Lunch at the beach bar. Delicious panini. Watched the waves, feeling slightly envious of their carefree existence.
- 1:00 PM: BACK TO THE BEACH. The toddler, bless his screaming lungs, was still screaming. The mother looked increasingly stressed. I felt a strange urge to help.
- 1:30 PM: Against all better judgment, I volunteered to watch the kid while the mother took a break. This was a horrible idea. Within five minutes, he was running towards the ocean. I narrowly prevented a drowning.
- 2:00 PM: The mother came back slightly manic, the toddler with a new found respect for the ocean.
- 3:00 PM: Went back to my room, and ordered room service.
- 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Spent in the pool. The water was cool, the cocktails were strong. My temporary babysitting duties felt like a fever dream
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. The fish was perfect, the sunset was even better. Felt a little less like an impostor. Still, I'm pretty sure the waiter was subtly judging my choice of wine. I'm still learning.
Day 3: The Unforgettable Boat Trip (or, How I Almost Died for a Photo)
This is going to be fun
- 9:00 AM: Started the day at breakfast. Tried to mimic the effortless elegance of the well-heeled diners. Failed. Spilled coffee down my shirt.
- 10:00 AM: Boat tour departs. Excited! I'd heard the Sardinian coastline was incredible.
- 11:00 AM: OMG. The coastline was incredible. Caves, hidden coves, the most insane shades of blue and turquoise I'd ever seen. I spent the first hour glued to the edge of the boat, taking a million photos. My phone storage was screaming.
- 12:00 PM: We anchored in a secluded cove for a swim. The water was beyond perfect. Crystal clear, cool, so inviting. Dove in! Felt like a mermaid (a slightly clumsy, slightly overweight mermaid, but a mermaid nonetheless).
- 12:30 PM: Trying to capture the perfect Instagram photo. Leaned a little too far over the side of the boat. Lost my balance. Screamed. Flapped my arms. The world spun.
- 12:31 PM: (Or what felt like a year later). A very kind, and very strong, sailor grabbed my arm. Pulled me back from the brink. I almost fell into the ocean.
- 12:32 PM: Mortified. Face burning. Tried to play it cool. Laughed nervously. My heart was doing a rapid-fire tap dance.
- 12:45 PM: Back on the boat. Safe (mostly). Shaking. Took a deep breath of the sea air. Decided to embrace the chaos. Ordered another Aperol Spritz.
- 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: More swimming, more sun, more laughter (mostly at my near-death experience). The boat trip became the stuff of legend.
- 4:00 PM: Spa treatment at the hotel. Needed it. All the stress melted away.
- 7:00 PM: Absolutely phenomenal dinner, followed by stargazing on the balcony. The world felt a bit kinder, a bit gentler.
Day 4: Goodbye, Sardinia (and the lingering scent of sunscreen)
- 9:00 AM: One last glorious breakfast. Tried to savor every bite, every moment. The sadness of leaving started to creep in.
- 10:00 AM: A final walk on the beach. Collected a few seashells. Vowed to come back.
- 11:00 AM: Check out. Said goodbye to the (still impeccably smiling) staff.
- 12:00 PM: Taxi to the airport. The driver took the scenic route. Spent the entire drive staring at the stunning scenery, wanting to memorize it forever.
- 1:00 PM: Plane ride. Sighing woman nowhere to be seen. Relieved. Smiled at the thought of pizza, and the next trip.
- 2:00 PM: Back in reality. Already missing the chaos, the beauty, the almost-drowning. But mostly, missing that pizza.
This isn't a guide. This is a glimpse. A confession. A reminder that even in paradise, life is messy, unpredictable, and occasionally, involves a near-death experience. Would I go back to the Colonna Hotel Du Golf? Absolutely. With a better sense of balance, a stronger grip on reality, and a much, much more waterproof phone. Ciao, Sardinia. You gorgeous, chaotic, life-affirming wonder.
Nanning's BEST Kept Secret: City Comfort Inn Review (Minzhu Rd)!Colonna Hotel Du Golf: Italy's Hidden Gem - Seriously? Let's Dive In (And Maybe Crawl Out)
Is this place *really* a "hidden gem"? Everywhere else screams "tourist trap."
Okay, let's get real. "Hidden gem" gets thrown around more than pizza dough in Naples. But Colonna Hotel Du Golf… yeah, it *could* be. The location in Porto Cervo, Costa Smeralda, is definitely pricey. But compared to the sheer, overwhelming glitz of some other places? It's... calmer. Less "look at my yacht," more "sipping limoncello and pretending to be civilized." The "hidden" part? Well, you *do* need to, like, actually book it in advance. Otherwise, you're staring at a closed gate and the crushing disappointment of a life un-Sardinian. I tried that. Don't be like me. Book. Seriously.
What's the *vibe*? I'm allergic to pretentious.
Look, there's *always* a tiny bit of pretension when you're in a luxe hotel in Sardinia. It's in the air, like the scent of expensive sunscreen and freshly mown grass. But the Colonna? I found it surprisingly… human. It's not all perfectly coiffed Instagram influencers. I saw a guy in his bathrobe ordering a cappuccino by the pool. A *bathrobe*! That level of casual is my kind of vibe. Yes, there's a certain elegance, a distinct lack of neon beer signs, but it doesn't suffocate you. It's more like a sophisticated uncle who still tells a few slightly off-color jokes. You'll feel comfortable, not like you're perpetually auditioning for a fashion show. Unless you *want* to… then, by all means, work it.
The views... are they *really* as good as the photos? Because, you know, Photoshop…
Alright, let's talk about the views. Because. OH. MY. GOD. They're better. Seriously. I took about a thousand photos, and none of them did it justice. It's the kind of view that makes you audibly gasp. Over and over. The turquoise water, the rocky coastline, the… (deep breath)...it's just stunning. I spent a solid hour just staring out my balcony, slack-jawed. I might have drooled a little. Don't judge. It's the kind of view that makes you question all your life choices, like how you ended up staring at spreadsheets instead of THIS. Okay, rant over. Yes, the views are absolutely, disgustingly, breathtakingly *real*. Just... prepare to be humbled by their sheer beauty and the fact that your Instagram feed will never capture the magic.
The food! Italian food is my love language. What's the verdict?
The food... Ah, the food. Let's be clear: Italian food is also my love language. And the Colonna Du Golf? They *get* it. The breakfast buffet... don't go expecting your usual hotel fare. This is where the hotel *really* shines. Think freshly baked pastries (the cornetti are an act of pure, buttery heaven), a mountain of fresh fruit that's actually ripe, and enough artisanal cheeses and cured meats to make you weep with joy. And the coffee? Forget your watered-down hotel swill. The espresso is strong and perfect. Seriously, I'd go back just for breakfast. Lunch and dinner are equally delightful, think fresh seafood, pasta that melts in your mouth, and wine… oh, the wine. My advice? Pace yourself. You're going to want to try *everything*. I didn't, and I regret it. I could have eaten more. So much more.
Okay, let's talk about the pool. I'm judging this hotel *entirely* based on the pool.
The pool... Okay, I get it. The pool is a *major* factor. And here, the Colonna Du Golf wins. It's a gorgeous, multi-level pool with stunning views. The water is crystal clear. BUT. Here's my confession: I'm not a pool person. I'm more of a "beach and sand between my toes" kind of gal. And while the pool is lovely, the beach (which is a short shuttle ride away) is where the magic truly happens. I went at sunset and felt like I'd found a slice of paradise. So, the pool is great, don't get me wrong. But the beach... that's what sealed the deal for me. Do both! And don't forget the sunscreen. I did, and I'm still paying the price.
What's the *worst* part? Because nothing's perfect, right?
Okay, honest time. The absolute WORST part? Leaving. Seriously. That's the only real negative. Everything else is pretty darn good! Okay, maybe the prices in the hotel bar are… well, let's just say you won't be ordering cocktails around the clock unless you have a trust fund. But really, it's the departure that stings. The feeling of “oh my god, am I really leaving this paradise?” hangs over you like a suffocating cloud. So plan ahead. Book an extra day. Or two. Or three. You'll thank me later. And prepare to experience the crushing weight of reality as soon as you step back into, well, *reality*.
Anything I should *really* know before I go? Like, insider tips?
Alright, insider tips, coming right up! First, rent a car. Porto Cervo and the surrounding area are beautiful, and public transportation is a bit, shall we say, *challenging*. Second, brush up on your basic Italian phrases. While most people speak English, a little "grazie" and "prego" goes a long way. Third? Book your restaurants in advance, especially during peak season. Fourth, pack light, but bring something nice for dinner. Because you'll want to look fabulous while you're eating that incredible food. And finally... take it all in. Seriously. Breathe it and soak it all up. You'll be looking back at it for a LONG time. That's it folks. Take me with you, next time.
Bottom line: Is it worth the hype and the price?
Okay, this is the big one. Is it worth it? Yes. A resounding, enthusiastic, slightly breathless *yes*. Is it expensive? Yes. But is it worth the sheer joy of waking up to those views, sipping that perfect espresso, and feeling utterly, ridiculously, unbelievably relaxed? Absolutely. Would *I* go back? In a heartbeat. In fact, I’m already trying to figure out how to get back there. It's not perfect, nothing is. But the Colonna Hotel Du Golf is pretty darn close. So, go. Just go.Book Hotels Now