7 Apple Hotel Vadodara: Your Luxurious Gujarat Getaway Awaits!
7 Apple Hotel Vadodara: Your Luxurious Gujarat Getaway Awaits! - A Review That's More Real Than Your Aunt's Selfie!
Alright, folks, buckle up! Because I've just returned from a jaunt to Vadodara, Gujarat, and stayed at the infamous (okay, maybe not infamous, but certainly talked about!) 7 Apple Hotel. And you know what? I'm here to spill the chai. Grab a cuppa, settle in, because this isn't your average, sterile hotel review. This is the real deal.
Getting There and Getting In (Accessibility, Phew!)
First things first, getting there. Vadodara's pretty accessible, with an airport, which, honestly, makes things a whole lot easier than trying to navigate some dusty, winding road. Now, regarding the hotel itself: Accessibility is important, even if I personally don’t need a wheelchair. 7 Apple seems to be trying, with Facilities for disabled guests mentioned. BUT, like, I couldn't scrutinize everything. I'd give them a tentative thumbs up, but always double-check with the hotel directly if accessibility is a major concern. Make a call, ask SPECIFIC questions. Don't just trust some random internet weirdo (Hi!). They also have an Elevator, which is a HUGE plus.
Check-in? Contactless check-in/out - YES! Because who wants to fumble with paperwork after a long flight? Check-in/out [express] and check-in/out [private] options were available. Score!
Rooms: My Sanctuary (Mostly)
Okay, let's talk rooms. They offer a bewildering array of amenities, seriously, it's almost too much choice! Here's what I remember, and then some scattered thoughts, in a messy, jumbled way because that is how I remember things, not always in a clean list:
- Available in all rooms: Air conditioning (THANK GOD!), Alarm clock (who uses these anymore?), Bathrobes (fancy!), Bathroom phone (…still confused), Bathtub (luxury!), Blackout curtains (essential!), Carpeting (meh, but okay), Closet (needed!), Coffee/tea maker (YES, PLEASE!), Complimentary tea (again, YES!), Daily housekeeping (bliss!), and a Desk (for pretending to work).
- More Stuff: Extra long bed (always a bonus!), Free bottled water (hydrate, people!), Hair dryer (duh), High floor (loved the view!), In-room safe box (always a smart move), Interconnecting room(s) available (useful for families), Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless (yay Wi-Fi! More on that later!), Ironing facilities (wrinkle-free life!), Laptop workspace (productive vibes?), Linens (clean!), Mini bar (temptation!), Mirror (check yourself out!), Non-smoking (thank you, sweet baby Jesus), On-demand movies (Netflix addict, what?), Private bathroom (privacy!), Reading light (for late-night novels), Refrigerator (beer and paan anyone?), Safety/security feature (peace of mind),
- And MORE: Satellite/cable channels (endless entertainment!), Scale (avoid!), Seating area (relax!), Separate shower/bathtub (double luxury!), Shower (clean!), Slippers (comfy!), Smoke detector (safety first!), Socket near the bed (tech-savvy!), Sofa (lounge!), Soundproofing (silent nights!), Telephone (in case the world ends), Toiletries (fancy soaps!), Towels (fluffy!), Umbrella (prepare for the monsoon… maybe?), Visual alarm (important!), Wake-up service (if you don’t trust the alarm clock), and Wi-Fi [free] (again, more on that later!), Window that opens (fresh air is good).
Okay, so, the room. My room was HUGE. Clean. And the soundproofing? Perfect. I slept like a log. Seriously. The bathrobes were plush and I felt super fancy, even though I was probably just watching bad TV in them. A total win! The blackout curtains were a life-saver too when you just NEED to sleep in after a long trip and stay in a dark room while eating some random snacks.
Internet? Oh, the Internet.
Let's talk about the bane of my existence, and most of yours, I'm sure: Internet. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!? Fantastic! Internet access – wireless also, thank the heavens! However… here comes the but. Listen, the Wi-Fi was… okay. It got the job done. But it wasn't lightning fast, sometimes I needed a little more. Especially when trying to upload those crucial Instagram stories of my breakfast. Still, better than nothing and it was free, and, let’s be honest, I was on holiday! The Internet access – LAN thing? I didn’t even look at it, because Wi-Fi is the only friend I know.
Eating and Drinking - Fueling the Adventure! (Mostly Good)
Okay, food. Now, this is where things get interesting. 7 Apple has a restaurants a bar and a coffee shop. Let's break it down.
- Restaurants: The main restaurant served a Buffet in restaurant for breakfast, a mix of Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant, and the usual suspects – Coffee/tea in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, A la carte in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, Salad in restaurant. Frankly, the buffet was pretty decent, with a decent mix of Indian and Western options. The Vegetarian restaurant was a big plus for me! The Breakfast [buffet] was the highlight. Breakfast service in general was great.
- Drinking: The Poolside bar? Perfect for a sundowner, or maybe a mid-afternoon cocktail if you're really living the dream. The Happy hour prices were appealing.
- Room Service: Room service [24-hour] - another win!. Order a pizza at 3 AM after a night out? Yes, please!
- Snacks: Snack bar - perfect for me!
The Spa/Relaxation Zone: My Happy Place! (Mostly)
Okay, now for the good stuff. The pampering! If there’s one thing this hotel nails, it’s relaxation.
- Spa/sauna and Spa. YES! I spent a solid chunk of my time in the Sauna, Steamroom. Pure bliss.
- Swimming pool. Glorious. Pool with view. Even better.
- Massage. Oh. My. God. I had a massage, people. The best, most amazing massage of my life. I booked the Body scrub and Body wrap. So good.
- Fitness Center/Gym/fitness. Okay, I didn’t go. I was too busy eating and relaxing. But it was there, if you’re the fitness type.
Cleanliness, Safety, and All That Jazz
This is important, especially in these crazy times. I felt safe. I honestly did. They had all the usual stuff: Hand sanitizer, Staff trained in safety protocol, Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays. I saw Anti-viral cleaning products being used. They certainly seemed to be taking things seriously. The staff were masked up (as they should be!).
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
Okay, let's whiz through some other bits and bobs:
- Business facilities: Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Seminars, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Meeting stationery, Projector/LED display, Xerox/fax in business center – for the workaholics.
- Money Matters: Cashe withdrawal, Currency exchange, Safety deposit boxes, Invoice provided.
- The Extras: Concierge, Doorman, Daily housekeeping, Dry cleaning, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage. Food delivery, Food takeaway service.
- Convenience Store: Useful for a quick need or a forgotten item.
- Smoking area.
- Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station
- Airport transfer, Taxi service, Valet parking.
- Gift/souvenir shop.
- Outdoor venue for special events, Indoor venue for special events.
For the Kids:
- Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal. They seemed well-equipped. I didn't have any kids with me, but they seemed well set-up.
The Quirks, Imperfections, and Honest Truths – My Take!
Alright, so, the not-so-perfect bits. Because let’s be honest, no place is perfect.
- The TV remote? A little sticky. Not a huge deal, but a minor annoyance.
- The Wi-Fi, as already mentioned - could be better.
- Finding a little 'lost-in-translation' – the staff were generally fluent, but I had one slightly odd
Alright, buckle up buttercups! This isn't your grandma's pristine itinerary. This is my attempt to survive, nay, thrive in Vadodara while holed up at the 7 Apple Hotel. Let's get this chaotic show on the road, shall we?
The 7 Apple Hotel & Vadodara: A Hot Mess Itinerary (with Occasional Glitter)
(Disclaimer: Subject to change. Heavily subject to change. May involve large amounts of chai and possibly a minor existential crisis. Proceed with caution.)
Day 1: Arrival & The Great Room Hunt (and Chai!)
- 10:00 AM (ish) - Arrive at the 7 Apple, Vadodara. Jet-lagged, sweaty, and craving a shower that won't involve lukewarm water. The lobby looks promising – clean, air-conditioned. Already a win!
- 10:15 AM - The Room Roulette. Apparently, “city view” translates to “view of the air conditioners and a sliver of the sky.” Oh well. Time to embrace the claustrophobia! (Or maybe just demand a room upgrade…? Decisions, decisions…)
- 10:45 AM - The Glorious Chai Rescue. Found a little nook in the lobby where they brew the actual nectar of the gods. Seriously, after 24 hours of planes and questionable airport coffee, this chai hit me like a warm hug. I might just stay here forever.
- 11:30 AM - Unpacking (or, The Art of the Suitcase Explosion). Let’s be honest, my suitcase looks like a bomb went off. Clothes everywhere, chargers tangled, and a general sense of "I'll deal with this later…" which, knowing me, means "never."
- 12:30 PM - Lunch at the Hotel Restaurant (or, Surviving the Buffet). Okay, the buffet. It’s… extensive. A glorious, confusing, aromatic ocean of curries, breads, and things I can’t identify. I'm going for the safe bet: the chicken tikka masala. Because sometimes you gotta trust your gut, and mine is screaming for something spicy and familiar.
- 2:00 PM - The Nap That Never Was (Thanks, Jetlag!). I attempted a nap. Emphasis on the "attempted." My internal clock is currently residing in a parallel universe. Tossed and turned, stared at the ceiling, finally gave up and decided to embrace the adrenaline.
- 3:00 PM - Exploring the Area. (Or, Getting Lost in a Land of Rickshaws.) Stepped outside. Instantly overwhelmed by the heat, the noise, and the sheer energy of Vadodara. I flagged down a rickshaw. The driver, bless his heart, didn’t speak a lick of English. Ended up circling the block for 20 minutes. Classic. But hey, at least I got a good view (and a mild panic attack).
- 6:00 PM - Dinner at a local restaurant. I've been told that there's a great place down the road. I've been told by… well, the hotel staff. Wish me luck with the spices, because I'm not sure what I'm in for.
- 8:00 PM - Back to the Hotel. Time to crash. Before the jet lag can finish me off. Wish me luck with the AC working.
Day 2: Temples, Tuktuks, and the Quest for the Perfect Mango Lassi
- 7:00 AM - Wake Up (or, Drag Myself Out of Bed). The AC, to my surprise, actually worked! Victory! Now, time to fight the morning sluggishness.
- 7:30 AM - Breakfast (or, Another Round of the Buffet). I brave the buffet again. This time, I'm feeling adventurous (or maybe just starving). Maybe I'll try that thing that looks like yellow rice. Maybe I won't…
- 9:00 AM - A Visit to the Laxmi Vilas Palace. This palace is gorgeous! The sheer scale will blow your mind; truly impressive. It has beautiful gardens which will give you a reason to stop and breath after you are done taking in the impressive interiors.
- 12:00 PM - Rickshaw Ride of Terror. (Or, Learning to Embrace the Chaos). Decided, against my better judgement, to take another rickshaw. I made sure I knew the name of my destination and practiced the pronunciation 20 times. I still got lost. And the driver still seemed to not understand me. But it was exhilarating, in a terrifying, near-death-experience kind of way.
- 1:00 PM - The Mango Lassi Mission (or, The Search for Liquid Gold). I'm on a quest. A quest for the ultimate mango lassi. I've heard rumors of a place near the market that makes it from scratch. I must find it. Wish me luck on my search!
- 2:00 PM - The Mango Lassi - Finally! After 3 different shops and 20 mins of walking, I finally find it. It. Is. Divine. It's the best thing I've had in days. The perfect blend of sweet, tart, and creamy. Definitely worth the search.
- 3:00 PM - Back to the Hotel - (or, Napping and Planning)… I'm planning nothing except a longer nap.
Day 3: The Grand Finale (Or, The Day I Embrace the Unexpected)
- 7:00 AM - Still Alive! Surprise! Woke up and the sun came out, at least for a minute. I need all the life I can get.
- 8:00 AM - The buffet… again. I had some toast and a few pieces of fruit. And some chai.
- 9:00 AM - The Great Pack-Up. The last thing I need to do is pack. Then I can go.
- 11:00 AM - Check Out & Airport Dash. I'm ready to leave. This hotel and this place are great, but I am ready to go home.
- 12:00 PM - Finally.
Okay, so there you have it. My messy, imperfect, and entirely honest (or, mostly honest) itinerary for Vadodara. Will it go according to plan? Probably not. Will I encounter moments of sheer delight and utter bewilderment? Absolutely. Will I learn something new about myself? Probably. Will I survive? Fingers crossed! Wish me luck and remember: embrace the chaos!
Ribera: Spain's Hidden Harbour Gem – Luxury, Art & Unforgettable Views!7 Apple Hotel Vadodara: You, Me, and Maybe a Surprisingly Good Samosa! - FAQs, with a Side of Chaos
Okay, Seriously, Is This Place *Actually* Luxurious? Like, Should I Pack My Diamond-Studded Slippers?
Alright, let's be real. "Luxury" is a tricky word, right? I went in expecting, you know, *fancy*. And yeah, 7 Apple's got the modern vibe going on. Think clean lines, a lobby that's not *depressing* (huge win!), and a lobby that actually has *people*. I'm talking comfy chairs strategically placed for optimal people-watching (a crucial skill, trust me). My room? Pretty well-maintained. Not *palace* level, but definitely nicer than my (admittedly very lived-in) apartment. Think of it more as "comfortably upscale." You *could* bring the diamond slippers, but you might look a tad overdressed for the breakfast buffet – unless, of course, you're trying to start a conversation. Which, hey, I'm all for! I'd say the luxury is in the details: the surprisingly comfortable mattress (I slept like a baby!), the strong Wi-Fi (thank you, internet gods!), and the staff who actually smile and seem like they *want* to help. That's the true luxury, isn't it? No grumpy front-desk people. Priceless.
What's the Food Situation Like? Because I'm a Glutton for Punishments and Delicious Food.
Oh, the food. This is where things get interesting. The breakfast buffet... right, the breakfast. I’m going to be honest. I was a little skeptical. Buffets are, let's face it, often a crapshoot. This one, though? Surprisingly good. I’m talking seriously good. The *idlis* were fluffy, the *sambar* had a perfect balance of spice, and those *samosas*... oh my god, the samosas. I may or may not have had, like, four. Okay, maybe five. Don't judge me! The dinner menu... bit of a mixed bag. One dish was incredible – I forget the name, and I’m terrible with remembering names, but it was some kind of creamy paneer delight – and another, well, let’s just say it was *adventurous*. I'd advise stick to the local dishes. You can’t go wrong, generally. Do the local thing. It's why we travel, right? So, yeah, go for the samosas at breakfast. You won't regret it. Trust me on this one. Samosas are life.
Is it Easy to Get Around Vadodara from the Hotel? Considering I'm Directionally Challenged...
Okay, so I, too, am a bit... geographically challenged. Let's just call it a "unique sense of direction." But even *I* managed fine. The hotel's in a decent location. Cabs and auto-rickshaws are readily available. Uber and Ola seemed to work, too (which, let's be real, is a godsend when you're navigating a new city). The staff were helpful in arranging transportation, and you can always ask them to call a cab. However, be prepared to haggle a *little* with some rickshaw drivers. It's part of the charm, or so I'm told. Anyway, getting to the main attractions was pretty straightforward. Just try to remember left from right (I still struggle). Google Maps saved my life more than once. Download the offline map, trust me, you'll thank me later.
What Are the Must-See Things in Vadodara, and Should I Hire a Guide?
Ah, the sightseeing! Vadodara's got some gems. First, the Laxmi Vilas Palace. Seriously, go. It's breathtaking - the architecture, the history... just wow. However, I did take a guide. I'm not a history buff - or not much of one, at least – and I would’ve missed half the story. Plus, they know all the *good* photo spots. The guide was helpful and they speak some English, but honestly? They could have been speaking any language. The building is awesome enough as it is. Then, there's the Sayaji Baug (the zoo and gardens). A fun place, especially if you enjoy a bit of the unexpected. The Kirti Stambh (Tower of Fame) is impressive. Overall, I'd research beforehand what you want to see, and if you're a history nerd, maybe, *maybe* a guide is alright, but it is a personal choice. The city is worth exploring. Just make sure to wear comfortable shoes! You'll be doing a lot of walking.
What's the Vibe? Is It a Family Place? A Business Hotel? A Party Central?
Okay, so the vibe… a mix, which I actually appreciated. I saw families, couples, and business travelers. It wasn't overly rowdy. No wild parties going on (thank goodness, I need my beauty sleep!). It’s more geared towards a relaxed stay with a good dose of comfort. Honestly, pretty relaxed. It seems to attract a good mix of people. So, if you need a quiet space, it's absolutely fine. If you're traveling with kids, they'll be fine (though that depends more on your children than the hotel). Is it *the* place for a crazy bachelor party? Probably not. But for a decent stay and a good samosa? Absolutely. That's my experience. And hey, that's what matters, right?
Any Tips for Staying at 7 Apple? Anything I Should Know *Before* I Go?
Alright, here's the inside scoop. First, book in advance! Vadodara's a popular destination, especially during the tourist season. Second, pack some comfortable walking shoes (see above). Third, be prepared for potential power outages. They are, let's just say, a part of life in India. That said, the hotel had backup generators, which was a relief. Lastly, don’t hesitate to ask the staff for help. They’re genuinely friendly and helpful. Oh, and one more thing: try the samosas. Seriously. And maybe pack some Pepto-Bismol… just in case. (Better safe than sorry, my friends). Also, try out some of the local markets. It's all experience and adventure. And good luck with your trip! I hope you have an amazing time. I loved my time there.
Okay, spill. What was the one thing that REALLY stood out? Good or bad?
Alright, here's the messy truth. It wasn't a fancy feature, a breathtaking view, or even the (admittedly delicious) samosas. It was the *kindness* of one of the staff members. I was having a truly awful day. Travel stress, a minor (Hotel Bliss Search