Luxury Downtown Abu Dhabi Living: Marriott Executive Apartments Await
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the shimmering, sometimes slightly confusing, world of the Marriott Executive Apartments in Downtown Abu Dhabi. Forget your sleek, sterile travel reviews; this is going to be the real deal, the messy-haired, coffee-stained version. Let's get this Abu Dhabi adventure started!
Luxury Downtown Abu Dhabi Living: Marriott Executive Apartments Await - A VERY Honest Review
First off, let's be honest, Abu Dhabi is a leap of faith, especially if you're coming from, like, a remote village. But THIS place… it’s trying. Really trying. And that's half the battle, right?
Accessibility: Okay, so, Accessibility… Yes, they say they're accessible. I'm not a wheelchair user, so I can't give you the full, definitive verdict, but they do have the facilities listed. Elevators galore, which is a HUGE plus in a skyscraper city, and they've got those important facilities listed for wheelchair users. This is something I, as a person who trips over air, appreciate.
On-site accessible restaurants / lounges: I don't have any insight on this, hopefully, it really does exist and is functional.
Wheelchair accessible: Same, needs to be checked.
Internet Access: Oh. My. God. The Internet.
Okay, let's get one thing straight: I NEED internet. Like, NEED it to survive. And the Free Wi-Fi in All Rooms! and Internet access - wireless, the Internet itself is… mostly reliable. You'll have your moments, your agonizingly slow moments. But hey, at least you're not paying extra for it, which is a win in my book. And they offer Internet [LAN]. Bonus points for that!
Things to Do, Ways to Relax (aka, The Pursuit of Bliss):
Alright, this is where things get GOOD. Or, at least, potentially good.
- Pool with view: The pictures look incredible. I am a sucker for a rooftop pool, overlooking a city. I mean, Instagram content practically writes itself. I can already see myself, languidly sipping a mocktail, feeling like a Bond villain… or at least a Bond henchwoman.
- Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom: Listen, I'm not going to lie. Massages are my love language. The idea of a Body scrub, Body wrap, Massage is pure, unadulterated bliss. I'm picturing a few hours of nothing but pampering, and my stressed-out muscles have already started to relax just thinking about it. This is the kind of thing that makes a trip, a vacation.
- Gym/fitness, Fitness center: Okay, okay, I'll admit it. I might hit the gym, but only after those massages. Gotta burn off those delicious dinners somehow, right?
- Swimming pool [outdoor], Swimming pool: See earlier comment re: Instagram content.
- Foot bath: Hmm, I love a good foot bath, never expected to see it on the list.
Cleanliness and Safety: Or, "Is This Place Actually Safe?"
Listen, in this day and age, we're all a little paranoid. So, here's the rundown:
- Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas: Good. Very good. Makes me feel slightly less like I'm bathing in germs.
- Hand sanitizer: Essential. Absolutely essential.
- Rooms sanitized between stays, Room sanitization opt-out available: Love the opt-out - some people dislike the smell of cleaning products as much as I love the smell of fresh-baked bread.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: Hopefully this means no rogue sneezing near your hummus.
- Safe dining setup: Phew. We will get to dining later.
- CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Fire extinguisher: All the right things to ensure you don't, you know, die.
- Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit: Great for the inevitable papercut/sunburn combo.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking! (The Most Important Part)
Okay, let's be real. Food is life.
- Restaurants, Coffee shop, Snack bar, Poolside bar, Bar: Options! Thank the heavens for options. Especially the Poolside bar, because, cocktails. Essential for the Bond villain alter-ego.
- Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast in room: Buffet's a gamble; I'm a buffet-lover so I am going to hope they have decent eggs. The Breakfast in room is a major plus for those mornings where you just want to wallow in your luxurious room and watch terrible TV.
- Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant: Diversity!
- A la carte in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Salad in restaurant: Now we are talking!
- Room service [24-hour]: This is where the magic happens. Midnight cravings? Sorted. Need a full English breakfast at 3 AM? Also sorted.
- Alternative meal arrangement, Bottle of water, Essential condiments, Food delivery, Individually-wrapped food options, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: All signs of a place that, well, gives a damn.
Let's be honest, I'm here for the room service menu.
Services and Conveniences: The Stuff That Makes Life Easier
- Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Currency exchange: Yes, please. I need a small fortune in local currency, stat.
- Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes, Taxi service, Valet parking: All the things that make you feel like a VIP, or at least someone who's got their act together (even if you don't).
- Air conditioning in public area, Air conditioning: Absolutely crucial.
- Daily housekeeping: Hallelujah! I am not a naturally tidy person.
- Contactless check-in/out: Win! One less thing to worry about.
- Convenience store: Excellent for emergency chocolate/snacks.
- Invoice provided: Important for expense reports.
- Meeting/banquet facilities, Business facilities, Xerox/fax in business center, Wi-Fi for special events, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Outdoor venue for special events, Indoor venue for special events, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Projector/LED display, Seminars, Shrine. Good for people who are not me, but need a place to have a work event.
For the Kids… And the Kid in All of Us:
- Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: This is important if you have kiddos, or want to use the babysitting service to have some "me" time in that sauna.
Available in All Rooms, the Nitty Gritty:
Alright, let's get into the core of it. The rooms. This is vital.
- Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens, Additional toilet: That's a LOT of stuff. I'm particularly jazzed about the Bathtub, the Blackout curtains, and the Coffee/tea maker. And extra long bed!
Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private]: Nice.
Couple's room, Exterior corridor, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Hotel chain, Non-smoking rooms, Pets allowed unavailable, Proposal spot, Room decorations, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Soundproof rooms, Getting around, Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking: All the things you would expect.
My Honest Verdict:
Look, I can't promise perfection. But the Marriott Executive Apartments in Downtown Abu Dhabi seems to be trying hard. The facilities seem promising; you will need to check out what it provides in reality. For the price, the convenience, the presumed luxury, and the sheer possibility of relaxation? It
Escape to Paradise: Luna Beach Hotel's All-Inclusive Bulgarian BlissOkay, buckle up buttercup, because this isn't your average robotic travel itinerary. This is a chaotic, hopefully hilarious, and totally unfiltered account of me attempting to navigate the wonders (and potential pitfalls) of the Marriott Executive Apartments Downtown Abu Dhabi. Prepare for gripes, gushing, and the occasional existential crisis brought on by too much date-flavored coffee. Here we go…
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Apartment Reveal (and the jet lag, oh God, the jet lag)
- 7:00 AM (Abu Dhabi Time): Theoretically, supposed to land. In reality, I’m pretty sure the flight was delayed by about 45 minutes thanks to some technical difficulty. My brain is a scrambled egg. That's not even the real problem; I’m a mess! I feel like a bag of wet groceries.
- 7:45 AM: Finally outside, blinking into the unforgiving Abu Dhabi sun. Already sweating. Seriously, how do people live here? But the architecture! Wow. This place is just… shiny. Reminds me of when I was eight, and staring at a magic mirror in a theme park.
- 8:30 AM: Check-in at the Marriott. The lobby is impossibly sleek. I felt immediately underdressed in my travel sweats and questionable t-shirt. The staff, radiating that perfect Emirati politeness, efficiently gets me sorted. Bless them.
- 9:00 AM: Apartment time! And… it’s gorgeous. Seriously, if you're looking for space, this is the place. Two bedrooms, a full kitchen, and a living room that could probably house a small herd of sheep. Bonus: a washing machine! Praise be.
- 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM: The Great Unpacking (and the Great Nap Attempt). Jet lag is a cruel mistress. I wander around, trying to put things in closets, accidentally knocking over the complimentary fruit basket (oops), and then… collapse on the bed. Wake up an hour later, disoriented, convinced it’s midnight and that I have somehow traveled to a parallel dimension where time has stopped.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch scramble. The kitchen is a blank canvas. I rummage through the fridge (the grocery store trip happened later this day, I just couldn’t wait that long), and find a sad-looking carton of milk. "I'll handle it" I thought. I end up making peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It’s the only thing I had. Am I adulting correctly?
- 1:00 PM: Decide that I'm going to brave the gym. The only thing I do at the gym is stretch. I see some people on treadmills, looking like they are competing in olympics. I wonder if the gym is for show.
- 2:00 PM: Still in the apartment. My legs feel like lead.
- 3:00 PM: Grocery Store! I’ll be honest. This was a highlight. I love grocery stores. The air-conditioning is a beautiful relief from the desert heat. Shopping for food in another country is always an adventure. Trying to decipher the Arabic labels, the sheer variety of dates, and the general unfamiliarity of everything. I end up buying a whole bunch of random things, including dates, a weird-looking yogurt, and a bottle of something labeled “Sparkling Water – Grapefruit Flavor” that turns out to be the nectar of the gods.
- 5:00 PM: Back at apartment. Now comes the moment I was dreading: Meal Prep. I didn't know how to cook, so I figured, I'd order takeout. Now I'm laying on the couch watching TV.
- 7:00 PM: I order Arabic food from a restaurant nearby.
- 8:00 PM: Food Arrives. Delicious! I eat way too much and spend the evening watching questionable TV, and feeling vaguely guilty about not having done anything truly “cultural.”
- 10:00 PM: Try to sleep. The jet lag continues to mock me. I stare at the ceiling, feeling like a stranger in my own body.
Day 2: The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque and The Quest for the Perfect Coffee (and minor disasters)
- 7:00 AM: Wake up, feeling a little less like a zombie. Still, the jet lag refuses to fully relinquish its grip. I drink a cup of instant coffee (desperation dictates) and decide I will feel like I’m going to be functional by the end of the day.
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast: Dates and that weird yogurt. Surprisingly good! A minor victory in the face of the ongoing jet lag battle.
- 9:00 AM: Head out to the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque. Okay, wow. Seriously, you guys, if you go to Abu Dhabi and don't go to the Grand Mosque, you're doing it wrong. Massive, dazzlingly white, covered in mosaics, and just… majestic. I wander around, mouth agape, feeling utterly insignificant in the face of such architectural grandeur. Women have to wear a headscarf and an abaya (provided free of charge), which transforms you into an instant mystery.
- 11:00 AM: Coffee Quest Begins. I discover a tiny cafe next to the Mosque, "Al Ustad Cafe". The Coffee is strong, and the atmosphere is buzzing with locals, and I feel like, for a few brief minutes, I am not a tourist. This is the real stuff.
- 12:00 PM: Get lost in the Mosque. I wander around, losing all sense of direction, marveling at the sheer beauty of it all. I might have slightly accidentally violated a “no photos” rule. Oops. Let's just say I may have had a moment of weakness with some of those camera.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch. Find a small restaurant tucked away near the mosque. The food? Delicious, cheap, and probably made with ingredients I can’t even pronounce. Order way too much because I can't read the menu properly. No regrets.
- 2:00 PM: Head back to the apartment. A nap is absolutely required.
- 3:00 PM: The Quest for the Perfect Coffee continues. I decide to try the coffee shop at the Marriott itself. Disappointment. It's… fine. But not the kind of coffee that makes you want to weep with joy. I feel a sense of profound loss.
- 4:00 PM: Revisit the gym. Actually workout this time.
- 5:00 PM: Research. I’ve been watching some videos and documentaries.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner: I decide to go back to the restaurant from Day One, where I can relax.
- 7:00 PM: Food arrives. It's late and I feel like I am going to starve. I feel relaxed and at peace with the world.
- 8:00 PM: Back at the apartment. Watch some television.
- 9:00 PM: Bed. Try hard to sleep.
Day 3: Culture, Shopping, and the Ongoing Date Obsession (and a shopping fail).
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast: Dates and yogurt (yes, still obsessed). Feeling a little more acclimatized to the time zone.
- 9:00 AM: Venture out to visit the Qasr Al Watan, the presidential palace.
- 10:00 AM: Shopping! I head to a traditional souk to bargain for souvenirs. I’m generally terrible at this. I try to haggle (a skill I clearly lack), end up spending more than I intended, and then feel a pang of guilt about possibly ripping off a local merchant. The souk is a sensory explosion: spices, perfumes, and glittering jewelry.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch: decide that I'm going to buy some street food.
- 1:00 PM: Head back to the apartment for a rest.
- 2:00 PM: Date-related activities. I'm determined to learn everything about dates.
- 3:00 PM: The Gym
- 4:00 PM: Free time.
- 5:00 PM: Trying new food.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner at an outdoor restaurant.
- 7:00 PM: Back at the apartment.
- 8:00 PM: Free time.
- 9:00 PM: Watch TV, bed.
Day 4: Desert Safari and the Art of Doing Nothing (and an Unexpected Breakdown).
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast: More dates, yogurt, and whatever random things I bought at the store.
- 9:00 AM: A slow morning. I spend a couple of hours relaxing in the apartment, catching up on some reading.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch.
- 1:00 PM: Head out on a desert safari. This is a must-do. I spent the afternoon bouncing around in a 4x4 over the dunes. The sheer vastness of the desert is breathtaking. It's both beautiful and